CCPA Privacy Notice
California Resident Privacy Notice
LAST REVIEWED AND UPDATED: May 7, 2021
This privacy notice applies to consumers who reside in California. For the purposes of this notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, or as otherwise defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (California Civil Code §§ 1798.100 to 1798.199) and its implementing regulations, as amended or superseded from time to time (“CCPA”). Personal Information does not include information that is lawfully made available from government records, deidentified or aggregated, or otherwise excluded from the scope of the CCPA.
The lists below provide the categories of Personal Information we have collected, disclosed for a business purpose, or used for business or commercial purposes in the preceding twelve months since this notice was last updated, as well as the categories of sources from which that information was collected, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared Personal Information.
Categories of Personal Information Collected and How They Are Shared
- Identifiers such as name, address, email address, account/username, and other similar identifiers. This information is disclosed to marketers.
- Identifiers above and other information such as financial related information (Categories of Personal Information in Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80(e)). This information is disclosed to payment processors.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California or Federal Law, such as age (DOB).
- Commercial information including information about orders, purchases, or any of our products or services; registration information, specials, and information you provide when participating in events, programs, surveys and promotions we may offer from time to time. This information is disclosed to payment processors.
- Internet or other network activities when you interact with our website, advertisements, apps, or social media platforms. This information is disclosed to website analytics providers and marketing services providers.
- Sensory information, including audio and video. This information is disclosed to vendors and service providers as well as other users when broadcasting.
- Information reflecting your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitude, and any other inferences drawn from your personal information. This information is disclosed to website analytics providers and marketing services providers.
Sources of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve months since this notice was last updated, we have collected Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- Devices and platforms, you use to access our website and Services
- Other users of our Services
- Business partners
Use of Personal Information
We collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information in accordance with the specific business and commercial purposes below:
- To provide you with our products and services.
- To communicate with you.
- To establish an account with us, including confirming your age.
- To make purchases on the Caffeine.tv platform.
- For financial and accounting purposes.
- To prevent, detect and investigate fraud or other security incidents.
- To assess aggregate visitor volume and interest.
- To improve website performance and functionality.
- To provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you, which may include marketing products and services to you.
- To provide customer service.
- To personalize and customize the content you receive on Caffeine.tv.
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
Disclosures of Personal Information for Monetary or Other Valuable Consideration
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
Right to Access and Information Regarding Personal Information
You have the right to request that we disclose to you the (1) categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected, sold, or disclosed about you; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or sold by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; and (4) categories of third parties with whom we disclosed or sold Personal Information.
Right to Deletion of Personal Information
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
Right to Opt Out
You have the right at any time to direct us not to sell your personal information, which is your right to opt out. In the preceding twelve months, we have not sold personal information.
Right to No Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your CCPA privacy rights, subject to certain limitations.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
- Logging in to your account (if you have an account) and submitting a request
- Submitting a request to email@example.com
Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. If you do not respond to our request for verification or additional information needed to verify your identity within the timeframe specified in our response, we will deny your request. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
To authorize an agent to make a request on your behalf, please send a written authorization signed by you and the authorized agent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information with non-affiliated companies for their direct marketing uses as contemplated by California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code § 1798.83), unless we have your permission.
Do Not Track
Please note at this time, we do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this privacy notice, your Personal Information, our use and disclosure practices, or your choices by email at: email@example.com or by postal mail at:
570 El Camino Real #150-408
Redwood City, CA 94063